Why do I endlessly Crave Food when I get home from work?
There are many reasons why we tend to crave or over eat at night time below is some simple reasons why this is a challenge for so many people who want to lose weight.
- Lack of consistent meal intake throughout the day
- Lack of water/hydration
- Not eating enough during the day
- Eating too quickly
- Big Portion Sizes
- Staying up too Late
Food cravings can be attributed to the above points and many I highly recommend you focus on your daily habits and see where you can implement some changes.
How can I overcome this challenge to achieve my weight loss goal?
- Eat more consistently throughout the day
- Have a low calorie warm drink after dinner to settle you down (Green Tea, Low Calorie Soup)
- Have a variety of low calorie deserts available but commit to only having one treat per night
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day and for dinner, before, during and after
- Turn the TV off while eating dinner, it’s amazing how much food you can mindlessly eat when you’re in front of the tube
- Get to bed earlier and avoid food cravings creeping up on you
Personally I have a a Cool Pak Popcorn (94 Calories) and a Low Calorie 4 Square Healthy Chocolate that I buy from Coles (60 Calories) followed by a Green or Ginger Tea. When I do this I am content and then don’t really feel the need to binge on more food. Come up with a strategy that works for you and then keep it up.
I hope this information helps team and I challenge you all to pick one strategy from the above points and put it into action.